Sometimes the hardest part for us independent filmmakers is simply waiting for crew to show up to set! Well never fear! Youtube channel, Cinecon.net has some creative ways to get some tasty shots all by yourself! And I mean literally all by yourself… like no actors, talent, artists, just you.
- You can simply place your camera on the tripod, hit record, and run in front of the camera to do the action.
- Play with the pan and tilt features of your tripod. By unlocking the tilt feature on your tripod, the camera will tilt on its own!
- Unbalance the tripod in a way that when you unlock the pan knob on your tripod, it will automatically pan.
- Level the slider in a way that when you release the lock, the camera will automatically slide one way.
- Shoot wide shots on the day, and when you bring it into editing, you can create movement by adjusting the position and zoom of the clip.
- Get plenty of b-roll that relates to what your shooting
- Shoot a certain action from different angles. With more shots to cut from, it adds value to your edit!
Give the video a watch, and soak up some sweet sweet filmmaking advice that will help you shoot by yourself!