The holidays have come and gone, and there’s a good chance some fresh film school students or new RC hobbyist has gotten their hands on a new drone! This new series is designed for those who have just gotten their hands on a drone for the first time and are in need of some guidance! Flying your drone for the first time can be nerve-racking, and that’s exactly why I’m bringing these vlogs to you!
In this first quick vlog, I’m simply going over what you’ll find in any drone packaging (not just DJI as portrayed in the video).
- The drone! (DUH!) Whether it has propellers permanently attached, the battery locked in, or the camera in place, you’ll, of course, have a fuselage or body that is the main component of the drone.
- RC Controller! Your controller is of course what controls the drone itself. These controllers will either have a screen built in or will have a place for you to place your mobile device for streaming the feed from the drone.
- Batteries! Some drones may have internal batteries, but generally, you’ll have external batteries that you’ll charge and insert into the drone.
- Cables/Adapters! Your drone is going to have different cables and/or adapters for updating your drone and controller software. Note that there’s a good chance your entire product won’t come with a cable that connects your mobile device to your controller.
- Battery charger! Whether this plugs into the battery, or the drone itself, you’ll definitely have a charging cable included.
- Warranties/Manuals/Safety Brochures! Lastly, your drone will definitely come with manuals to help orientate yourself with your drone. Read these!!!
Every drone is different, but these are the five things you’ll always find with your new drone. Get to know your drone, charge up those batteries, because next time we’re learning how to go about flying your drone for the first time! Give this video a watch, watch some drone videos for inspirations, and I’ll see you in the next video!